The Whyalla Basketball Association is a registered incorporation. It is governed by its constitution. Under pinning this constitution are our ByLaws. These bylaws are split into 3 specific documents:
- ByLaws - Administering and Protecting the Game This document outlines the roles and responsibilities of all WBA committee members. It also defines the duties of WBA paid staff and officials. The protecting the game section defines the WBA tribunal and complaint handling process and States member protection Policies for reported players. It also explains the dispute process.
- ByLaws - Playing the Game This is the most commonly referred to bylaw document. WBA generally follows the FIBA guidelines in regards to playing Basketball however there are many unique things about our local competition, eg timing conditions, hot weather policy, player qualification requirements, etc.
- ByLaws - Steelers Defines the criteria for management of the Whyalla representative Program. It outlines roles and responsibilities as well as providing a documented process for coach and team selections.
The Whyalla Basketball Association is affiliated with the South Australian Country Basketball Council, SACBC, which in turn falls under the jurisdiction of the Basketball Australia, BA. As per our constitution when in dispute the state and then national bodies overide our Bylaws.
Follow the below link to the SACBC home page and then hit the Admin tab to view:
SA Country Basketball
- Tribunal process
- Codes of conduct. for Players Parents, Coaches, Officials
- BA Member protection Policy
- Cyber Bullying Poloicy
- Blood Policy
- Hot Weather Policy guidelines
- And more